Something is wrong with me! No matter how hard I try, I cannot make chocolate chip cookies. If you have a good recipe (or some secret tricks) PLEASE TELL ME! It will be OUR little secret :)
those look soooo yummy! just double the vanilla-heehee! don't ask me little sis, i use pillsbury and it's a no fail everytime! :) i love you. where are your crabbing pics? jet lag is awesome! love and miss you.
Combine brown sugar, butter, sugar. Beat until fluffy and light. Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, salt. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and nuts. Spoon onto baking sheet 2 inches apart and bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. (Note, don't overbake! When you take them out, the edges will be starting to brown, but the top should still look a little mushy. Just trust me.)
Here is the best Choc Chip Cookies recipe - the secret is vanilla instant pudding. Your welcome!
3 cups flour 3/4 cup brown sugar 3/4 cup white sugar 2 eggs 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp salt 2 sticks soft butter 1-2 tsp vanilla one box instant vanilla pudding Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips (for best results).
Mix white sugar and butter until blended, add all ingredients except flour. Add flour a cup at a time. It will be super thick by the time you get to the third cup of flour and you might have to hand stir it in. Add chocolate chips.
Bake at 375 8-9 minutes for until the top has just a tinge of golden brown. They will look a little underdone but as they cool the pudding will set.
2 1/4 cups flour 3/4 cups brown sugar 1 tsp baking soda 2 tsp vanilla 1/2 tsp salt 1 egg 1 cup butter 1 pkg chocolate chips (Have to be Milk chocolate) 1/2 cup sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Stir together flour, baking soda & salt. Set aside. 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light & fluffy. 3. Add vanilla & egg. 4. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix well. 5. Stir in chocolate chips. 6. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. 7. Bake for 8-10 minutes. (I usually do 9) 8. Place on cooling rack. Makes about 3 dozen, if you don't eat too much dough!
were you secretly trying to get my recipe?!?!? You know, if you read my popcorn post that I even made up a recipe just for your husband! My secrets to great cookies. . . You have to have a bosch mixer. In a perfect world every kitchen would have one. I mix the butter and shortening until creamy, then I add the sugar and cream some more. Then I add the eggs one at a time. I then add the baking soda,salt and what ever else in the spice department. Mix it up really good (all with the wire wisk) Then I change to the bar mix, I guess a wooden spoon would work. I add the flour and chocolate chips and mix but not too much, you can over mix cookie dough. Lots of times depending on the weather,you need more flour, so since you live in humidity I imagine you will need a good cup more flour than the recipe calls for. Cookie dough consistancy is a learned art, try until you get it. Not too runny, not too dry. Then don't overbake them. I pull mine out between 8 and 10 minutes. Now for the recipe on the next comment.
1 c. butter (not melted, just soft) 1 c. shortening 1 c. grainulated sugar 2 c. brown sugar 4 eggs 2 tsp vanilla 1 tsp salt 2 tsp baking soda 5 c. flour (probably more like 6) 2 bags chocolate chips (to make Japes cookies just leave out the chocolate chips and maybe add more flour) Bake at 350 for 8-10 min. You may want to split this recipe in half. If not, make it all and roll the dough in balls, put them on a cookiesheet and put it in the freezer. When they are frozen put them in a ziplock bag and then you have frozen cookie balls for a rainy day! Good luck and let me know if you need help. One thing I can say for myself is I have learned the art of cookies!
I agree with what a lot of people have already said about the cookies. My trick has always been to add about 1/2 cup more flour than the recipe calls for. . . this makes them softer. Also, the trick is to not overcook them. You have to figure out to pull them out when they still look slightly undercooked, but after they cool they are perfect. Also, I always mix the butter/sugar/eggs really well before adding the dry ingredients.
Brit, I love all the pictures on your last post! You are the brave one with the crabs. And I love your Carmen San Diego look!
10 comments:
those look soooo yummy! just double the vanilla-heehee! don't ask me little sis, i use pillsbury and it's a no fail everytime! :) i love you. where are your crabbing pics? jet lag is awesome! love and miss you.
these are the best! i'd say fool proof.
Matthew's Favorite Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies - from chefmessy.com
Of all the chocolate chip cookie recipes I've tried, this is by far my favorite. It comes from my mom, who I love, even though she cursed me.
* Cookies2_2 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
* 1 cup butter
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 2 Tbs milk
* 2 eggs
* 2 tsp vanilla
* 1 3/4 cups flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
* 1 pkg chocolate chips
* 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
Combine brown sugar, butter, sugar. Beat until fluffy and light. Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, salt. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and nuts. Spoon onto baking sheet 2 inches apart and bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. (Note, don't overbake! When you take them out, the edges will be starting to brown, but the top should still look a little mushy. Just trust me.)
oops! the first line should say:
* 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
just buy the dough-but i vote toll house. you know it's better because costco carries it. hol doesn't know what she's saying.
and quit posting about cookies when we all miss you and want to see your face.
Here is the best Choc Chip Cookies recipe - the secret is vanilla instant pudding. Your welcome!
3 cups flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 sticks soft butter
1-2 tsp vanilla
one box instant vanilla pudding
Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips (for best results).
Mix white sugar and butter until blended, add all ingredients except flour. Add flour a cup at a time. It will be super thick by the time you get to the third cup of flour and you might have to hand stir it in. Add chocolate chips.
Bake at 375 8-9 minutes for until the top has just a tinge of golden brown. They will look a little underdone but as they cool the pudding will set.
and I meant "You're" - I have a disease where I write it wrong all the time.
Best Recipe ever!!!
Chocolate Chip Cookies:
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup butter
1 pkg chocolate chips (Have to be Milk chocolate)
1/2 cup sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Stir together flour, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light & fluffy.
3. Add vanilla & egg.
4. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix well.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes. (I usually do 9)
8. Place on cooling rack. Makes about 3 dozen, if you don't eat too much dough!
were you secretly trying to get my recipe?!?!? You know, if you read my popcorn post that I even made up a recipe just for your husband! My secrets to great cookies. . . You have to have a bosch mixer. In a perfect world every kitchen would have one. I mix the butter and shortening until creamy, then I add the sugar and cream some more. Then I add the eggs one at a time. I then add the baking soda,salt and what ever else in the spice department. Mix it up really good (all with the wire wisk) Then I change to the bar mix, I guess a wooden spoon would work. I add the flour and chocolate chips and mix but not too much, you can over mix cookie dough. Lots of times depending on the weather,you need more flour, so since you live in humidity I imagine you will need a good cup more flour than the recipe calls for. Cookie dough consistancy is a learned art, try until you get it. Not too runny, not too dry. Then don't overbake them. I pull mine out between 8 and 10 minutes. Now for the recipe on the next comment.
Becky's chocolate chip cookies
1 c. butter (not melted, just soft)
1 c. shortening
1 c. grainulated sugar
2 c. brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
5 c. flour (probably more like 6)
2 bags chocolate chips
(to make Japes cookies just leave out the chocolate chips and maybe add more flour)
Bake at 350 for 8-10 min. You may want to split this recipe in half. If not, make it all and roll the dough in balls, put them on a cookiesheet and put it in the freezer. When they are frozen put them in a ziplock bag and then you have frozen cookie balls for a rainy day! Good luck and let me know if you need help. One thing I can say for myself is I have learned the art of cookies!
I agree with what a lot of people have already said about the cookies. My trick has always been to add about 1/2 cup more flour than the recipe calls for. . . this makes them softer. Also, the trick is to not overcook them. You have to figure out to pull them out when they still look slightly undercooked, but after they cool they are perfect. Also, I always mix the butter/sugar/eggs really well before adding the dry ingredients.
Brit, I love all the pictures on your last post! You are the brave one with the crabs. And I love your Carmen San Diego look!
Post a Comment