8.10.08

These sunflowers are all over the place. I think they're so pretty.

Happy crabbers! Do you think JP is sick of having his picture taken? He is so photogenic!

JP is really lucky and works with some pretty awesome people. Last week one of his co-workers took us crabbing. We caught tons of crab, but most of them were too small to take. The crabs we are holding were vicious and ripped each other's legs off. JP was scared to pick them up, but I wasn't! It was an overcast day and it started pouring rain. Good thing I am married to Mr. gear guy himself because we were more than prepared and we had an awesome time. His motto is, "You just gotta have the right gear." So true. Luckily, I think it's really pretty when it's overcast here and there's still a lot to do when it rains.







My dad actually mailed us our conference bowling game presents. Can you believe that? I had to take pictures because I have never been away from my family since the existence of the bowling game, and I had to prove to my dad that we held our own. Our set up was pretty pathetic considering we don't have a yard, we couldn't find a ball, and we used coolers and duffel bags in place of buckets. It just not the same without the family, but we managed to have fun. Thanks for the prizes dad! And yes, I do realize I look just like Carmen San Diego in this picture and should probably say goodbye to that hat.

There is a nature preserve park right next to where we live. It is beautiful. We love to go on Sunday walks there.

JP and I went to Portland to see the Matchstick Productions ski movie Claim. It was really good this year. After the movie they told us to stick around because Sweatshop Union was playing. I was pretty excited because we didn't even know they were going to be there until after the movie (this is one of Josh's favorite bands), and only about 20 people stayed to hear them play. I took this picture so I could mail it to Josh, and if we had a camera other than our phones it might have even been decent. I was loving it, but JP was really tired (he has to wake up around 4:30) so we only stayed for a couple of songs. As you can see, the next day I made him listen to them and have our own little dance party with the dogs. They make great dance partners!

14 comments:

Sammy Pow said...

I love your bowling game inside. I hope our next bowling game we will have a backyard to do it in. But fun that you still got your own, even though it is more fun with the fam. I love the pictures, crabbing looked fun. Good thing you don't mind the rain. You have to do stuff in the rain there or you would never leave the house! OR sure is gorgeous.

{lizzythebotanist} said...

the bowling game wasn't the same here either. just us and hollie's kids. it was weird. brad got pretty creative-i need to post about it.

that was the longest post ever! and we got to see glimpses of the new place-looks nice! can't wait to see more.

i love che or bodie tearing around the corner as jp bowls. awesome.

we miss you!

Camie said...

How fun! You were brave to touch those crabs! It looks like you guys are having a great time!

Julia M. said...

Crabbing looks awesome! I would love to try that. You and JP are so cute, and I'm glad to hear you're keeping the family tradition alive. I thought of the bowling game and wondered whether you'd do it or not! I'd love to talk to you soon.

The Walkers said...

Brittany, I miss you!! Looks like you and JP are finding every possible fun thing to do in Oregon. How is your job going. Julia told me the other day that you have 40 kids to see in one day at your junior high. YIKES! Can I just tell you that I only see 13 kids at my junior high and I am having an emotional breakdown over it. I love my job, but I feel SOOOOO inadequate. Know the feeling? I hope you're loving it there!

Kes said...

i love you and miss you and you are AWESOME cause you can pick up crabs and jon is a wussy! :-)
love you bro.

bulkleybunch said...

i had some lol moments for sure with this post!! i loved the set up for the bowling game, love the grody crabs,love your bravery and adventurousness, love the scenery, love YOU!!! still in tokyo, we're flying out today. i miss you little sis! :(

Shelly Bean said...

i don't think you are coming back...
you are having too much fun. i love the ocean. you guys are so lucky to live right there.

it's snowing today!

JPizzle said...

Now Kes, These things look harmless, but are one of the most feared creatures of the sea. It's up there with placing your head in a crocks mouth!

jarv said...

You are brave to hold the crabs I don't think I would dare. That looks like such a fun thing to go do.

Morgan said...

new slogan for Oregon, "come to Oregon and catch crabs".........

Jill said...

I'm glad you guys are having so much fun there! Love the pictures of you crabbing, those things look freaky. I'm not gonna lie.

Whitney said...

Beta that's so fun that you live in Portland! we lived there a year ago and loved it! Hope all is going well for you guys. Oh and I'm jealous you got to hang out with colt and kt we totally miss those guys:)

CHUNTZ said...

Beeta looks like you guys are having so much fun! Miss you!