5 slideshows? What am I doing? I really wish I knew, but I spent sooo much time uploading these pictures to Picasa to create a collage and I couldn't figure it out and this is the only way I could get the pictures out of there :)
My cute family had a going away party for JP and me (Katie, Nate, Kelene, Jill, and Sean moved away too), but we just really love ourselves (that's why I'm in EVERY picture) so the party was for US. Really though, I am so glad we got to party with so many people we love one last time before we moved to Oregon. Although I had so much fun, it made me realize even more how hard it was going to be to leave!! And hard it was. Chase and Libby were so cute and cried, so Indie said, "Bye Ber, I love you and I will miss you and I'm crying too" as she rubbed her eyes and pretended to cry. Everything about the move sucked and went wrong, but we made it. We are here...I don't really know what to think about it...and I get lost every second...and I feel like I don't have a clue what's going on because I have THREE bosses to report to...but we did have a very fun labor day weekend and I will post pictures later. We miss you all (uh-oh, tears are coming. When did I turn into such a wuss?) That's all for now!
PS sorry we don't have pictures of every who came. We tried.
We took a trip to Oregon by the way of the coast with Jon, Shelby, and Owen to have fun and find a place to live. It was beautiful, we had lots of fun, and we got an idea of where we might live. We had to stop at the Salt Flats to see if "our" sign was still there and it was! I think we did a better job of covering up James and turning it into JP this time. I never knew about the white sand dunes here. They are pretty awesome. The Redwoods were cool too. JP and I got a lot of ideas for future weekend trips! Everything was crazy green (you don't have to remind me that it's going to rain for nine months straight. I know.) You should all come out to visit!
We got to go to Newport Beach, CA with JP's family (minus 7 because Miles and Barb couldn't come this time) just before we moved. Katie and Nate came too! It was extremely relaxing. I don't think I even read one book during college/grad school, so I made up for it on the beach and read around 3,000 pages. Yep. Kes bought Twilight for me, so I can finally join the club. I still need to read the next 3. The rest of the time was spent doing the usual: longboarding to the pier to get frochobanas, donuts, and crabcooker, body boarding, body surfing, pleasure craftin', and cooking ourselves in the sun. We had perfect weather the whole trip and gorgeous sunsets. The dolphins liked to swim past us everyday too. It was pretty much perfect. It was fun to see Reyn, (and Heidi and Sam, of course) he's getting so big! Aubrey was a little daredevil on her body board, and little Rylee was the dancing/singing queen. Nieces and Nephews are the best!
All the girls in my family and all the nieces and nephews (minus Haven) went to Thanksgiving point to see the animals, ride the ponies, and play in the water. They are all such cute little picture posers (just never at the same time). It helped to break up the craziness of packing and it was so fun to see these little guys play with each other.
We also went to a family reunion in Swan Valley, Idaho with my mom's side of the family. It was a smaller reunion than most, but we had fun rafting/floating down the river, boating, playing games, bonding with the cousins, and horseback riding.
18 comments:
fun fun fun. Have fun in Oregon. That sounds awesome. Sorry I am a bad friend and have no idea what takes you to the rainy state but I asume JP got a job flying planes!? You look so happy, I am glad to see you having so much fun.
i LOVE when people think you moved because jp got a job (no offense peeps) it makes me so proud of my smarty-pants sister!!! wahoo! what a post ber, i loved all the pics. FINALLY an update from you. i miss you like crazy and indie is still "crying" :)
Three bosses, holy cabooses?! We heard about the bikes and the carport--darn! Other than that, I hope you're loving Oregon. Sam and I still talk about moving to Portland in a couple of years. I hope it's not a pipe dream, but we'll see.
I am glad you got there safe. Looks like you had a fun time. I want to come and visit!
Hey fellow Oregonian (who am I kidding, I'm here temporarily!) :) Found your page and enjoyed your slideshow smorgasboard! Looking forward to camping next week!!!
Looking at all the pictures from the beach really made me miss you guys!!! But I'm sure that you'll be back soon and I hope that we get to come visit cause the place is SO BEAUTIFUL!
Love you
Miss you
Glad you made it, we miss you guys. Call me when you get bored! Oregon is so pretty maybe we can come visit some day
that must have taken FOREVER to post all that! way to go! you're sticking to your promise of posting. we miss you & love you!
You will have to send me an email and tell me all about the move! I am a little jealous, you guys have been able to go on so many fun trips! Lucky. Hope all is going well in Oregon. Miss you!
pleasure crafting the great waves of the pacific... my envy knows no bounds this day my friend. maybe next year i will be your wing man out there spotting sets? i posted our pics from Oregon too. check em out some time if you dare
I am sad you have moved away but it sounds like a great adventure. I love seeing the Newport pics. What a great place! Hope all is going well!
Ali
(JP's cousin)
Brit!! I miss you!! I'm sorry that I missed your going away party, but we were out of town. I decided you are so brave to just up and move to Oregon. I'm glad that it's so beautiful there, and I'm sorry your move sucked so bad! We need to stay in touch, ok? Seriously though!
Brit, I miss you! It was so fun to see all those pictures--lots of people love you. How is it going? I need to talk to you and find out more!
Brit, I totally miss you! Please come back! Only crazies work here now . . . and you know what I'm talking about.
Hey, did you already move? Probablly, hu? You are so cute, we'll have to get together sometime when you are in town! Hope you like Oregon! Heath
Oh my gosh I can't believe your in Oregon. Thats crazy! Well, have fun there. I guess I won't be seeing you any time soon for any family reunions. Hope all is going good for you. The kids in the picture was Stevens little girl, and Paulas boys. Have fun, talk to you later.
new post already!!! geesh! miss you, love you.
Post a Comment