20.2.08

The last couple of weeks in a nutshell

THE MONSTER TRUCK RALLY!!!

I LOVE REBELS. My shirt says so. I was looking forward to dressing up super white trashy for the monster rally all week, but Saturday rolled around and I was too busy taking a nap to get trashed up. I woke up to find JP got some rad tats all the way up his arm (or an arm sleeve, but it looked pretty convincing). JP will probably post some sweet videos from the rally on his blog, so check it out if you're really bored!
We won an ice fishing trip at a ward auction over a year ago from our neighbor, Drew. Drew, Josh (my little bro), JP, and I woke up bright and early on Saturday morning and went to Yuba lake for the trip. We all caught fish (some of us caught more than others...I only caught one with help) and then some men cooked the fish right there and we got to eat it. I was wearing three coats, a hoodie, and a thermals to keep warm. Josh kept telling me that I looked like a little kid. Che and Bode LOVED it! Che ate five raw fish and Bode was repulsed. He wouldn't even touch the raw fish!







Thanks to JP's parents we got to go to the Jazz game with Kecia and Jake last week. We went to Macaroni Grill before the game and used a ton of $5.00 gift cards. It was kind of funny because the server had to run them one at a time (not very nice I know, but she had it coming to her)! The Jazz won!
Last night we got to go to the Jazz game with Scott and Des. It was tons of fun and the Jazz won again!! P.S. I know I have a giraffe neck in this picture (that's for you Hollie).
Snowmobiling and sledding behind the snowmobile at Tiffany's cabin. Take note of our helmets...you should all wear one!


JP and I skiing on a beautiful day!

Josh was in town for the weekend and we had time to take a total of four runs skiing as fast as we could at Sundance.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELLE! JP's mom turned ...29 on Sunday. His whole family got together (we missed you Heidi and Sam) to celebrate.
Hollie, Kelene, and I made sugar cookies with Hollie and Chari's kids. The cookie cutters were very festive...bells, gingerbread men, dinosaurs, cars, and a heart! It was pretty crazy and a lot of fun! Happy Valentines everyone! (I have a habit of celebrating holidays after the date).




12 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

your life is too fun. want a recap of my last few weeks? let's see...diapers, throw-up, boogers, tantrums, and a few cuddles in between. granted it all happened in seattle and vegas, so i was trying, but the cold definitely brought the fun-level down a few notches! and do not post about salt lake adventures if you intend to keep NOT visiting us when you come up!

bulkleybunch said...

what a great post ber! i love your giraffe neck! and i love you, but sometimes i don't get how we're sisters, ice fishing, skiing... no thanks, i'll just go grab a soda!:)

Alifinale said...

Seriously, to live the life of Beeta. Looks like so much fun! I love all the pics and I am impressed with all the snow activities, too cold for me.

Kes said...

You're so funny!! I had to do this for October thru December also. It's hard to keep up.

Anyways it's cute. And the game was fun we'll have to do it again soon. Or maybe we'll go with you to the next truck rally...sweet!

Lori & Rj said...

How fun! You guys are always doing such fun things. Your next trip should be to AZ (hint hint).

Julia M. said...

Brit!!! SOO fun! I love all the pictures. You are such a babe! I love the picture of JP and your dogs on the ice--they looked like they were all having a blast! I'm glad you're doing so well! It seems like it's been way too long since I've seen you! P.S. Ben thought the Beanie was super hot. :) You have perfect taste!

Miller Family said...

Wow you guys have been up to lots of fun stuff!!! My sis-in-law said she met you the other day, you were doing something for school. How is school going? Man I can NOT wait to be done, only a few more months!!

chip&putt said...

Beeta, many congrats on passing your big test this week! You rock! Now are you qualified to teach me to not say fer (for) and pitcher for picture and ignernt for ignorant? I want to be a smooth operator,
love,
father

chip&putt said...

Besides that, how many non-family members knew that in addition to Beeta passing her test to become a speech pathologist, Holwonder was the lead point girl as noted by the NBC commentator on national TV when Hol let the Cougarettes to the national title, how many knew that Brian was getting beat in Karate at the Ridge (1984) in a match, and a true a metamorphosis occurred, and Bri Bri whipped his butt, leading to law school, that Steven pitched 7 grueling inninings in the rain and wind and dark to overcome an evil team and was paid for doing so by Erik Robinson, and that Josh was Mr. go-to-guy on the 6 years old soccer club, constantly sheparding the ball and holding on just long enough to kick that incisive pass, thread the needle, and SCORE!

Jami said...

I love the white trash truck rally pictures! I'm glad you went with a wife beater tank top instead of overalls. Good choice.

And congratulations on passing your test! That is awesome! Let's all get together soon. I told Shana she has to plan it.

CHUNTZ said...

Stop doing fun things without me!!!

Ashley said...

Do you guys ever just sit at home and watch TV? I don't because I don't really like it and I don't have time...I'm just wondering if you do. I'm always, like going to Canada and ice climbing with Eli and stuff, but I was just wondering if you guys do.