16.8.07

Just in case you were wondering


My poor mom has passed kidney stones several times throughout her life...two times have been within the last two months. I passed a kidney stone in March and wanted to die. This is a picture of my kidney stone compared to a Sour Patch Kid (it was the only little thing around). If you are thinking there is no way that could cause that much pain... I thought the exact same thing. The doctor said a kidney stone passing through the ureter is comparable to putting a BB through a strand of hair, except it would have to be a BB with spikes. Once you pass a stone, there is a 70% chance that you will again in your life. Please don't let that happen again! I'm going to drink lots and lots of water and pray that genetics won't get me down again!

5 comments:

Alifinale said...

Yuck! I feel so bad for you and sooo bad for Deb. How painful and sad to pass kidney stones. Thanks for the picture, I was wondering what one looked like.

The Hills... said...

Ha! One of our friends was going through the kidney stone thing recently and we were thinking of you! We've been in California for the past 3 months, but we're coming back next week to UT. We're going camping before school starts! We'll call you!

Julia M. said...

Brit, That looks super painful! I remember you showing it to me. It looks like you had fun in Canada (you are such a tough girl!), but I'm sorry about JP's arm! I'm excited to see you tomorrow!

Ashley said...

Arm you kidneeing me? Gross. Nice pun. Mr. Downs taught you well Britt. Way to go on the Canada thing that sounds like a blast. I am jealous of how rugged you guys are. Adam, Eli and I are wannabes but I don't think we could ever be as outdoor-biker-rafter-etc. savvy as you fine folks.

Lori & Rj said...

Dang! Poor Deb Deb.