21.5.09

We like Seattle (PART 2)



Even after spending a second weekend in Seattle we didn't have enough time to see all the sights we wanted to see. The weather was nice, and we actually got slight sunburned in Washington! A couples days after we left we heard that the Space Needle was struck by lighting.




Boat tour of the harbor.




These pirates were trying to 'collect children.' They were quite the characters and rode around town on a pirate ship/float.

JP couldn't get enough of Pike Place. He's holding up his salmon stick. I actually tried a bite and didn't hate it too much. Before you know it the Lewis family might have me converted to fish.



I just LOVE the markets and fresh produce on the streets.


We couldn't resist taking a break at this park to people watch for awhile. It was pretty entertaining.



The space needle at night. Too bad they closed it to the public for a convention right when we got there.

So we went the next morning.


View from the Space Needle.

This was at the Experience Music Project. I think a creative photographer could get some pretty cool shots with this background.



Tons of guitars.

About half of the museum was dedicated to Jimi Hendrix because he's from Seattle.

Hey Mr. DJ turn the music up!

I've got mad DJing skills.

These pictures made me laugh hysterically. This is where we spent the majority of our time at the Museum of Science. Remember playing with the mirror at your parent's old house for hours, Mar?

Wow! I am HOT!





Check me out!

I liked the octopus. She sneaked out of the aquarium one night to get water (and probably animals) out of the tide pools.


I'm a jelly fish in case you needed help with that one.




We were museumed out by the time we were done and didn't even have time for the Science Fiction Museum or the Aviation Museum (the tickets came in our city pass)...maybe another time. It was a birthday I will never forget. Thanks Peeps! The end.

1 comment:

J-ROK said...

Yo! I'm planning a short trip to Seattle after school is out. Do you recommend getting the City Pass? Any good tips on where to stay? btw, I hope your Dr. no longer thinks you're too big, cause seriously, my stomach could eat yours!