Sorry, dad. I know you hate the biking posts, but I thought it was worthy of mentioning that we are still biking in January!! We got to take a few rides this week and enjoyed soaking up the sun (in our winter ski gear)before it got dark. I love riding at night. It's so fun to be with JP and the dogs and cruise through the beautiful trees when you are surrounded by darkness. It's a pretty awesome feeling. I have another feeling that my family will make fun of me for writing this...we're not really allowed to get this sentimental.
We FINALLY went skiing for our first time in Oregon. We have a ten pass to Mt. Hood and feel a little pressured to ski every Saturday since that is the only time we can go. Our trip was a little bit comical because we: slept in, went out to breakfast (french toast rolled in granola, yum! Did you know going out to breakfast is one of my favorite things ever?), mosied our way up to the resort (it only took a measly 2 hours), parked about 10 miles away, stood in line for 40 minutes and discovered we were in line for the kiddie lift which only took us 122 ft., stood in line for another 20 minutes (there were record breaking crowds), and made our first run down the mountain at about 1:30. Oops. This is a picture of the tippy-top of Mt. Hood. You can see it from forever away when it's sunny. It was a warm day, but the skiing conditions weren't great. We didn't care and ended up having a great time with our new motto being "At least we got out."
Overlooking the Valley. Pretty, huh?
To top it all off, Dan and Annie (I guess my hyperlink didn't work) invited us over for a night of garden burgers and an outdoor fire pit. I have never had a garden burger before and have to admit that I liked it a lot. I wish we took pictures to prove that we have friends in Mcminnville :) Even if they are our only ones. THE END.
8 comments:
mmm...gardenburgers. they are definitely underrated. i'm glad you like them! night riding seems fun and lounging on the coast. i could use some serious R&R sans kids right about now. and, i for one, think the family could use a little more sentimentality-bring it on! love you, miss you!
look how cute/hot you are in your orange coat. those pics are awesome, no way from the iphone? the scenery is super gorgeous, too bad it's not 4 minutes away from me!!!!!!!!! I MISS YOU! I LOVE YOU!!!!! be careful on those biking outing little one! precious cargo! or should i call you dez?! sorry dez if you read this, i just lay in my bed all day and call that an adventure. i can't relate to you die-hard outdoorsy psychos!!!!!! i'm much more sane with my 30 minutes on the elliptical and a big fat mt. dew to reward my amazing accomplishment! go me.
Well, since the family is the best at commenting you are right to be concerned about pleasing us. Love the coast, the coat, the trees and you. Can't really relate to the biking but I am glad you are enjoying the beauty that the OR rain brings. Take care of your little cracker or whatever size it is now.
And YAY for friends even if they do make you eat gardenburgers.
Hey Brit! We were at the coast this weekend too! We even thought about calling you two, but since we didn't really know what we were doing- we thought it best not to make it anything official :) From your family's comments, I think you might be preggo... ARE YOU??? I AM! Let's do dinner sometime SOON!
Brit, I think you are the hottest girl in the world! I agree with Hollie--that orange coat is something else. It looks like you guys are finding time to have so much fun. That's the good stuff! I love you!
i loved your story.
THE END.
I love all those pictures of you guys at the beach. Classic.
Sorry we made you eat garden burgers. We'll make up for it during our weekend at the beach, all the fatty meat you can handle!!!
Post a Comment