I'm a little bit of an obsessed aunt, and it was sooo fun to see the kids. Libby and Hollie have the same birthday, so it was a combined celebration with the fam.
Libby got her first real manicure and pedicure. She's starting young!
The kids were as cute as ever and it was so good to see my family. For the Utah family and friends I didn't get to see, please don't hate me! I really didn't have very much time.
Believe it or not, I did not post every biking picture we have ever taken. I guess I'm a little camera happy and we are a little one-dimensional in our hobbies. JP and I slid and fell at the exact same time. He stood up and asked me how I fell at such an easy spot and he was serious (it was very dark, steep, and muddy), so I asked him the same question :) I'm frowning because I'm covered in mud and JP is examining the damage.
A little fun with iphoto. I think I'm going to frame these and hang them next to each other. They will fit right in with the rest of our overly colorful apartment.
A view of Mt. Adams and Mt. Rainier. We could also see Mt. Hood and Mt. Saint Helens. The other side was the coolest view I've ever seen (way prettier than this), but our camera stopped working. JP and I could not believe how pretty it was. We went on a 28 mile ride in Hood river with some guys JP met. I thought I was going to puke by mile 2, but managed to finish alive. It was sooo beautiful!
Moments before we got robbed :(
The lone rider. He's pretty lonely without his crew!
These pictures were just taken yesterday. Can you believe everything is so colorful in November? This was our first official ride in the pouring rain. It's about triple the workout on the uphill and pretty muddy! I should've taken before and after shots cause we were covered in mud.
I thought JP was going to make a goofy face because he always does, but look who's the goofy one now!
Just before the downpour of rain. I LOVE all my headbands Kelene (I don't know if you ever look at this)Thanks again!
The sign above him says, "A Place of Joy". We both thought that was pretty funny, but we did have a joyous time.
18 comments:
whoa! longest post ever! hollie really is amazing and i love/hate the way she spoils us and gets mad if we try to return the favor. it was so fun to see you-makes the time till christmas seem so short!
I didn't know you went to UT! How fun for you. You are so right about Hollie - she is way too generous and it makes me feel guilty but I love her.
OR looks so beautiful! You got some amazing pics, must run in the family.
okay ber, that was just what i needed this morning. i am sitting in my dungeon of an office bawling my eyes out. even though it's mostly exaggerated, it made me feel loved. thank you. i love you little sister. you make me happy. i'm not worthy to be your sis, that's for sure, but somehow i got lucky enough and you're stuck with me. "i'm smiling because we're sisters, i'm laughing because there's nothing you can do about it" I LOVE YOU!!! thank you.
i forgot to tell adi and lizzy and YOU that you are all generous and nice and giving and so basically you're all being a pot calling the kettle black. did i get that right? i never get my sayings right. lol love everyone.
Beeta, so I found your blog through Lori's and I am just dying to tell you that I think your blog is so cute and that you and JP are the most adventurous and beautiful couple in the planet. I am so impressed with all the cool things you do together. You are even more gorgeous than you used to be. I love you. What city do you live in in OR? My hubby went to Portland on his mission and he is obsessed with OR and wants to move there at some point. We are in Pittsburgh--my hubby is getting his MBA at Carnegie Mellon and I just had a baby! I love you and miss you and hope you are doing well!!!!!! Tell your parents hi, they look so great in your picture you posted!!!!
and another thing, oregon is beautiful. you've really got some great pictures, i love the tree shots and i love the frowny face pic of you. :)
Britt, that makes me want to cry. I love that your sis loves you so much and your family does, too. It would be SO hard to be away from all your favorite people!! How fun to get to see them for just a little bit. I bet it was hard to go back home. Your nieces and nephews are so beautiful. They are going to be serious heart breakers in no time. I want to talk to you soon. I'm glad you and JP are still having fun! It's beautiful up there.
Fun post! I'm so glad you're still loving Oregon! Can you come for Friday Thanksgiving?
cute pics. . . you always look so pretty in all your pictures.
it was so nice to see you for a bit.
holly is a nice sister... you are lucky. i wish i had a sister..
Im glad you got to see everyone and breath a bit easier. I was one lone wolf without you here to bring me food and drink while I played call of duty all day long and purposely sleep in through church... Wait, that never happens. When the Shitte mormons away, my butt stays in bed.
Your hair is getting so long! I wish you could have come to the shower/get together last Friday, we missed you!!
ok- so i was very mad when i first started reading this- BUT i understand about the time issue- whatever. i'll get over it.
and next OMG! what incredible pictures. so dang pretty! and wet. enjoy the rain for the next, what, like 6 months:-)
see you next month
love ya
and that husband of your is crazy!
Beeta,
Not leading off with mountain biking photos? Finally! A heart-warming comment; the story of two sisters! This is way beyond the screenplay for a Lifetime for Women trash movie of the week, and is right up there with happy tear-jerking movies that win academy awards. Like your sister, I got a little choked up myself, but men don't cry so it was just a little emotion, but still beyond the joy of sinking a long putt!
love,
dad
Fun! I'm glad you got to see some family and play with all of your cute nieces and nephews. And can I just say you look so pretty in that picture with that adorable head band! Where can I get one of those?!
Brit! I miss you! I'm so glad to got to come to see your family. How is it going? Is work getting any better. I feel like I'm finally starting to figure it all out.
Beeta the pic with your headband is breathtaking...youre a babe! Looks like you and JP are having a blast...poor lone rider and love the amazing tree shots! How cool is Holly for flying you home to visit.
could you please update, preferably with a nice long tribute to me again???!!!!!! oh yeah, you didn't take any pics of thanksgiving dysfunction style. good thinking! anyway, love you, miss you.
hey betta, I just wanted to say hi! I really miss you it looks like you guys are doing good!;-) tell JP I said hi! miss you, call me when you can!
Post a Comment